Lemon Sunshine Bars
If you like, serve these tempting tidbits with a side of fresh raspberries or blackberries as the perfect ending to a special meal.
If you like, serve these tempting tidbits with a side of fresh raspberries or blackberries as the perfect ending to a special meal. Use lightly sifted powdered sugar for a traditional topping.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 32-35 minutes
Yield: 16 bars
Nonstick cooking spray
1⁄3 cup trans-fat-free 67% vegetable oil butter spread, softened
2 tablespoons Splenda® Sugar Blend
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 egg white
1⁄3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons grated lemon peel
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line bottom and sides of 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat with nonstick spray.
- Combine butter spread and sugar blend. Stir in flour, half at a time, until crumbly. Press evenly in bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until slightly firm and dry to the touch.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, egg white and sugar blend with electric mixer on low until combined. Add flour, lemon peel and juice, orange peel and baking powder. Beat on medium for 1 minute.
- Pour lemon mixture over hot crust in pan. Bake in the 350° F oven about 20 minutes or until center appears set. Completely cool in pan on wire rack.
- Use the foil to lift from pan. Cut into bars.
Per Serving (1 bar):
calories: 90; 35 calories from fat
total fat: 3.5 g; 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat
cholesterol: 25 mg
sodium: 50 mg
total carbohydrates: 11 g
fiber: 0 g
sugars: 6 g
protein: 2 g
vitamins: vitamin A (4% DV), vitamin C (2% DV)
minerals: calcium (0% DV), iron (2% DV)
Exchanges: 0.5 starch, 0.5 fat